- 'Total War: WARHAMMER – In-Engine Trailer: Karl Franz of the Empire' released!
- Posted by DominicusUltimus on July 17th, 2015 @ 12:22 p.m.
- Earlier today CA released the for in-engine trailer for Total War: WARHAMMER and the trailer is very impressive. From the appearance of the Imperial Steam Tanks, to the languid brutality of the Giants, CA has done a remarkable job of bringing the Warhammer universe to life! Also, in two weeks’ time on July 30th, CA will release a 30 minute long developer walkthrough where you’ll be able to see The Battle of Black Fire Pass in all its glory!
- Total War: Warhammer Finally Announced!
- Posted by Scipii on April 22nd, 2015 @ 12:42 p.m.
- Praise the Chaos Gods, for the day hath finally arrived!
“Total War: WARHAMMER is official! Taking the series to a realm of brutal, high fantasy for the first time in its history, our rules have changed and with change comes war on a scale as yet unimagined.
The limitlessly deep and rich universe of Warhammer heralds a new era for Total War. Gigantic monsters, flying creatures, legendary heroes and storms of magical power take their place on the battlefield, alongside thousands of warriors clashing in real-time tactical battles.”
You can read the full announcement here, now if you will excuse me I need to drool uncontrollably over all the possibilities.
- Longbeards Culture Pack & Patch Delayed
- Posted by Scipii on February 26th, 2015 @ 5:00 p.m.
- Despite previously being scheduled for release today The Creative Assembly have decided to delay the release of the upcoming Longbeards Culture Pack DLC and accompanying patch for Total War: Attila. Currently a new release date has not yet been given for the Longbeards DLC or the patch, you can read The Creative Assembly’s official statement below:
“Sorry – we’ve decided to put the Longbeards Culture Pack back into the development oven for a week or so, so it and the Total War: ATTILA Update won’t be out this week.” – Matty CA
We will keep you updated on a release date for the Longbeards DLC and patch for Total War: Attila when it is announced.
- Longbeards Culture Pack & Patch Deploying Thursday
- Posted by Scipii on February 24th, 2015 @ 4:44 p.m.
- Throw away your torches and grab your axes for a new Total War: Attila patch is en-route this Thursday and its headline feature is the removal of torches burning gates down. So what is a raging Barbarian to do in these times should they find themselves siege engine-less? Why hack away at the gates of course!
Other major features coming with the patch are performance fixes for AMD\ATI graphics cards, FPS performance and stability on the campaign map, modifications to campaign victory conditions, the addition of more dynamic music and much more. For the complete patch notes visit the official Total War Wiki.
Deploying alongside the patch on the same day will be the Longbeards Culture Pack (DLC); featuring the Langobards tribe, the Alamans tribe and the Burgundians tribe. Including new units, buildings, ancillaries, traits and objectives, the Longbeards Culture Pack also includes a new linked branching narrative feature titled “The Lay of Ybor”.
Perhaps taking some inspiration from Crusader Kings II, direct the actions of a fabled hero through a series of branching narrative event choices during your campaign. Your choices will matter as the fabled hero himself later becomes available to command your armies, complete with traits that mirror the event choices you have made.
- Total War: Attila arriving this Tuesday!
- Posted by DominicusUltimus on February 13th, 2015 @ 3:24 p.m.
- In four days, the latest addition to the Total War will arrive in a tidal wave of fire and blood! In celebration of this event, RTWH has opened a section devoted to this new game, since the era of Attila blends very well in with that of Barbarian Invasion.
In his magnanimity and wisdom, Terikel has opened a trio of forums to be led by yours truly DominicusUltimus. The new forums are Attila: Total War General Discussion, Attila: Total War Strategies and Attila: Total War Multiplayer. Feel free to stop by and post your thoughts or inquire about anything about the game or any possible multiplayer campaigns with your fellow forumers!
- Total War: Attila Community Event at MELTDOWN London February 7th!
- Posted by DominicusUltimus on January 30th, 2015 @ 1:59 p.m.
- Big news for any Total War fans living in the London area or close to it!
CA will be holding a community event at MELTDOWN London on February 7th! Similar to the Rome 2 event held a few years ago, attendees will be able to talk with CA employees about all things Total War and even try their hand at Total War: Attila on several demo PCs that will be setup at the event! More details will be revealed in the coming days, but if I lived in the general area I’d keep my ear to the ground and stand ready to book a spot at what’s sure to become a memorable Total War party! You can check out the official thread at the Total War forums by following this link.
If any of our fans or forummers attend the event, feel free to comment your experiences and thoughts here or post on the Total War Heaven Facebook page. I’ll be sure to share your account of the event with the community and maybe even newsie it if it’s juicy enough!
- Rally Point 23: Wrath of Sparta Campaign Pack revealed and a closer look at Constantinople!
- Posted by DominicusUltimus on December 05th, 2014 @ 01:31 a.m.
- CA have surprised the Total War community with two awesome announcements and reveals in episode 23 of Rally Point!
The first is the announcement of the Wrath of Sparta Campaign Pack. Set during the start of the Peloponnesian War, the campaign pack will focus on the struggle between Athens and Sparta for dominance of Greece and the Aegean. Two other factions who be taking part in this titanic struggle will be the Boiotian League and Korinthos whose military and naval forces are not to be underestimated. The Wrath of Sparta Campaign Pack will be released December 16th and is available for preorder on Steam.
The second reveal was of the magnificent city of Constantinople, the capital of the Eastern Roman Empire in Total War: Attila. In the video you can see the CA staff have done a fantastic job rendering nearly every foot and inch of the great city into Total War: Attila from the glorious Hagia Sophia and Circus Maximus to the powerful and intimidating Theodosian Walls. You’ll also be able to see the citizens of Constantinople walking around and taking care of business. At least until you begin attacking the city and reigning burning death upon them.
Personally, I’m extremely happy to see Constantinople brought to life with such an incredible attention to detail. Seeing the Theodosian Walls with their triple defenses of the moat, secondary wall and primary wall made my jaw hit the floor. Can’t wait to defend them as the Eastern Romans and burn them down as the Sassanids and Visigoths.
- Total War: Attila release date confirmed and Viking Forefathers Culture Pack revealed!
- Posted by DominicusUltimus on November 24th, 2014 @ 11:17 a.m.
- Big and breaking news from CA today!
Total War: Attila will officially launch worldwide February 17th next year! And as a special treat, people who preorder Total War: Attila will receive the Viking Forefathers Culture Pack free of charge! The DLC itself will also be available separately at launch for £5.99/€7.49/$7.99 respectively.
CA also released the contents of the Total War: Attila Special Edition which are listed below
The Total War: ATTILA Special Edition, contains items not available in the digital version. These are:
• Attila The Hun Biography
Written by Nic Fields and published by renowned military history specialists Osprey Publishing, this brand-new Attila The Hun Biography is based on the latest academic research and theories. Beautifully illustrated with maps, archaeological photographs and specially commissioned artwork, it details the life, times and dark deeds of one of history’s most infamous warlords. This biography is only currently available as part of the Total War: ATTILA Special Edition.
• Reference Guide Poster
o This double-sided poster features original Total War: ATTILA campaign map artwork on one side, and a comprehensive playable faction reference guide on the other.
• Viking Forefathers Culture Pack
o Whether pre-ordered or purchased at launch, the Total War: ATTILA Special Edition includes this significant pack of content featuring three additional playable Norse factions.
You can find more into at the Official thread on the Total War Forums and you can watch a trailer for the Viking Forefathers Culture Pack in the link below!
- New Total War: Attila trailer – "The White Horse" – released!
- Posted by DominicusUltimus on November 07th, 2014 @ 10:20 a.m.
- CA have released a new cinematic trailer for Total War: Attila. The trailer is narrated by an elderly Roman who describes and mourns the splitting of the Roman Empire into the Western and Eastern halves, as well as the rising threat of the Visigoths, the looming danger of the Sassanids and of course the apocalyptic ascension of Attila and the Huns. The video is linked below along with a description and a foreboding excerpt from Revelations.
As the world descends into the mists of the Dark Ages, civilisation begins to crumble. Early Christians of Western Europe clamour to repent, stricken by looming omens of a divine apocalypse. In this climate of turmoil, the Eastern Roman Empire stands at a crossroads.
“And I saw, and behold a white horse, and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him, and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.” – Revelation 6:2
- Total War: Attila revealed!
- Posted by DominicusUltimus on September 25th, 2014 @ 12:00 p.m.
- And the next Total War game is… TOTAL WAR: ATTILA!!! Here is the official description along with some details and a link to the trailer below:
“Against a darkening background of famine, disease and war, a new power is rising in the great steppes of the East. With a million horsemen at his back, the ultimate warrior king approaches, and his sights are set on Rome…
The next instalment in the multi award-winning PC series that combines turn-based strategy with real-time tactics, Total War: ATTILA casts players back to 395 AD. A time of apocalyptic turmoil at the very dawn of the Dark Ages.
How far will you go to survive? Will you sweep oppression from the world and carve out a barbarian or Eastern kingdom of your own? Or will you brace against the coming storm as the last remnants of the Roman Empire, in the ultimate survival-strategy challenge?
The Scourge of God is coming. Your world will burn.”
Apocalyptic destruction mechanics
*Wield the ferocious power of fire in battle to set buildings ablaze and terrify defenders, or wipe entire cities and regions from the face of the campaign map with the new raze mechanic.
Legendary start position
*Playing as the Western Roman Empire you will begin with vast territories under your control, but weakened by political in-fighting and threatened on all sides by enemies, your dominance will quickly become a struggle to survive.
Overhauled game mechanics
*Improved core gameplay and UI through the latest optimised and modified Total War game mechanics, including politics, family tree, civic management and technological progression.
Incredible period detail
*With new period-specific technologies, arms and armaments, religion, cultures and social upheaval, Total War: ATTILA delivers an authentic experience of this ominous chapter of our history.
Outstanding visual fidelity
*Improvements and optimisations to both campaign and battle visuals create a chilling vision of a looming apocalypse and the ruin of the civilized world. With breath-taking scale, atmosphere and improved graphical performance, witness the end of days and the rise of a legend.
Brace yourselves citizens, the Scourge of God is coming!!!